Friday, May 29, 2009

Mrs. Rosey Posey and the Fine China Plate


Wow! I have been really excited when I stop in the local Christian bookstore about the new "I Can Read" series by Zonderkidz. So many options for a such a little price. We picked up this book at a Christian discount store at the beach. It is a great story with great illustrations, based on 2 Timothy 2:21, which says, "If you stay away from sin you will be like one of these dishes made of purest gold - the very best in the house - so that Christ himself can use your for his highest purposes." I am not sure what version that is from, I am used to the NIV which says, "If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work." I have been delighted to read this book about being "set apart." It gives a very biblical reason about why parents sometimes need to say no, to keep their kids "set apart" for God and His purposes. Princess LOVES this book - she considers it to be a bible story, and it is a parable of sorts. This book is by Robin Jones Gunn, author of the popular Sisterchicks series (which I've never read and may have to try now). Currently, there are three other Mrs. Rosey Posey books in the series. Happy reading to your children!

2 comments:

  1. Must ask my daughter who read more books than I can count when she was young. The names of the books don't hit a familiar note; but then I've not been the reader she was, so will defer to her. They sound like a good find indeed.

    Cute graphics on your page too.

    Found my way here via blogupp.

    Sandy
    welcome mats always out, hope you'll swing by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a friendly FYI - Robin's Online Shop is offering free shipping through Friday, September 11th. All three of the Mrs. Rosey Posey books are available there!

    www.shop.robingunn.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin