Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Name like No Other

So I feel that I have to tell the whole story, just to be clear. Princess is strong willed, it is true, but there are times that she can be truly sweet and fun to be around. She is funny and has a sense of humor that is delightful. She has always been easy to take to the dentist, to the doctor, to get her hair cut. She is obedient usually in those situations and does not mind others taking care of her in that way. So it is not as if the strong willed behavior is at all times, which it could be and it may become. I hope not though. Anyhow, it is more like she has a Dr. Jekyll - Mr. Hyde personality, as opposed to continually being crazy woman. I could refer to her as "Princess" and "Tornado." I could, I really could, because that's how I feel, but then I would be perpetuating the "Tornado." No, her name is Princess! Her name is Beautiful! Her name is Grace! Her name is Wisdom! She sings as the Harper (one who plays a harp) to her Lord in her sweet little three year old voice. We often call her "the psalmist" like David, because she loves to sing to the Lord, and she loves to "write" her own song for Him.

"The nations will see your righteousness, and all kings your glory; you will be called by a new name that the mouth of the LORD will bestow." Isaiah 62:2

"No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah (my delight is in her), and your land Beulah (married);
for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be married." Isaiah 62:4

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

Have you ever given any thought to your name, what it means? And what about what the Lord calls you - He knows your name, He knows your name like no other, and He calls you by your true name - the name that is YOU and your reflection of Him. More than likely He calls you His Beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin