Monday, June 1, 2009

Me, me, me

We are on our way to the beach. Here we go again jumping onboard the bandwagon for a free trip to the beach. And free means we are staying 8 to a room at the expense of my mother in law's work, since she will be on a work conference, and we will be schmoozing it up (I mean working real hard at the beach).

A trip to the beach while fun is not a relaxing vacation when you take the kids. It is work, but that is beside the point.

I am writing this post via my Blackberry!

I mentioned before that God has been dealing with me about selfishness in a big way. And of course when one learns about selfishness, you can't help but learn your own selfish ways. It seems that somewhere along the way, I have taken up the world's view of life that I am owed something just for being me. What I mean is in the past, I think, I hope, at some point I wasn't all about me!

Now I find myself focused at times on things I feel I am owed or deserved, when really I deserve nothing, and my sweet Jesus gave me the Cross anyway.

Do I really need recognition for anything? Do I really have "rights"? Must I really care that I feel at times unnoticed? Since when is anyone responsible for anything in my life, but me and God? The Bible says that I "am not my own. I was bought at a price."

It is now Monday, and I have read, "Same kind of different as me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. It is a must read.

"Praying for their Footsteps" will be delayed, and more lessons on selfishness to come, or at least what I am learning about selfishness will come again soon. I feel the Lord upon me in this teaching just as closely as I felt to Him in college, which probably speaks sad volumes!

You are in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin