Monday, May 25, 2009

Praying for Their Footsteps




Lord, for my sweet Princess, I pray that she would be joyful always, and while I am at it, I pray that as her parent, and I too, would be joyful always, giving thanks in all circumstances. I pray that Princess will have the attitude that 3 year old Jesus must have had. (Side note: Can you imagine what toddler Jesus must have been like? Hard for me to even imagine!) I pray that Pea will have the same attitude that almost 2 year old Jesus must have had.
1 Thessalonians 5:16, 18; Philippians 2:5

I pray specifically for Princess that she would be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for her anger does not bring about the righteous life that You desire.
James 1:19-20

I pray that both Princess and Pea would grow in the fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control.
Galatians 5:22

Lord, I pray that both would come to know you at an early age, and that we could continually be available to teach them your truths even in our own sins. Lord, give us wisdom as parents that we may teach them your truths for them. Don't let us exasperate Princess or Pea, but help us to bring them up in the training and instruction of You!
Jeremiah 33:3, Ephesians 6:4

As the momma, I pray especially in general and in particular for the Arizona trip that I would be strengthened in all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to You, who has qualified me to share in the inheritance of the saints. Help me to walk in a manner worthy of You, fully pleasing to You, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of You.
Colossians 1:11-12, 10



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin