Monday, May 18, 2009

Praying for Their Footsteps: Thankfulness


I will sacrifice a thank offering to you and call on the name of the LORD. Psalm 116:17

This weekend I went to the Extraordinary Women's Conference, and I was so blessed by it. One thing that stood out to me was that although I've had my own set of hardships, I've experienced hardly any suffering compared to a lot of women. And though I am certainly not asking for a trial, I wonder if this is because God can not yet trust me with one. First I heard Angela Thomas speak, and she spoke about being able to see God's glory. She had women with different situations stand to display God's glory in their testimonies, such as healed from cancer, broken marriages healed, was infertile but had kids because of God anyway, etc. Later, Karen Kingsbury spoke and then read her book, "Let Me Hold You Longer." This book will break your heart, but it is SO good. As a result of these messages, I began to think that I am not always grateful for the good gifts I have, including whatever fits my daughter my have or how rambunctious my son is.

This week, I just wanted to remain simple and focus on thanksgiving for my children. I feel like I noticed a big difference in my children, my attitude toward them and theirs toward me and Daniel, and toward one another this week due to more focused prayers, although I've gotta say this is definitely an area that I need a lot of work in. How did you do this week?

Dear Lord,
Thank you! You have given me a great reward and gift in my children. You have given me a legacy. Lord, I thank you for these good gifts. I will always remember my sweet Princess and sweet Pea in my prayers and thank you for every moment, every hug, every kiss, every fit, every cry, every need, every heartache, every song, and every scream. I will thank You for my babies in every circumstance, for this is God's will for us in Jesus. I thank You that You considered me faithful and appointed me to be the mother to Princess and Pea, for it is You that gives me strength in the difficult moments. Strengthen me as the mom in your power, so that I may grow in endurance and patience and be joyful in the thanks I give to you.
From Psalm 127:3, Ephesians 1:16, 1 Thessalonians 5:18, 1 Timothy 1:12, Colossians 1:11-12




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin