Monday, April 27, 2009

The Noticer by Andy Andrews

As I mentioned earlier, I have become a book review blogger for Thomas Nelson.



The New York Times best selling author, Andy Andrews, brings us his latest work, The Noticer. This book is a very fast read - easy to follow and understand, and conveys deep meaning with simplicity. This book is composed of many stories all woven together through a man who notices and walks into people's lives at just the right moment and changes them forever. The stories are much like parables, and the book conveys biblical wisdom without using the bible in and of itself. He even references Gary Chapman's, The Five Love Languages.

Whether depressed, discouraged, down, or defeated, this book offers the promise of a new perspective. Whatever your particular crisis currently is, this books offers the hope to keep on going. As long as you are alive, you have not fulfilled your purpose yet, so LIVE. If you have ever had a dream and thought about giving up on it, then this book will remind you to keep going! This book could be especially encouraging in these economic times.

I personally liked this book because I am a "noticer", and I was inspired to think of it as a gift and to use it to encourage others. It also reminded me that I am a person of worth and value, and that I just need to gain a different perspective on myself when I feel that I am not. I will say that this book is not my favorite kind of book to read, but I believe that it could be of great value to others.

To find out more about the book, please watch this summary video here, and see Andy Andrews Noticer interview with Shepard Smith here.

Ultimately, we can all be "noticers" or encouragers who help give perspective and change lives. Sometimes, all any of us really need is a little encouragement. You can put this thought in motion at The Noticer Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin