Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Spoken Word

I learned something new and fascinating in my Beth Moore bible study. Basically, as a Christian woman I have the power to defeat my enemies, spiritually speaking, through the word of God. Sounds simple and common enough. Like I'm sure as Christians, we basically have that as common ground. What was so profound to me was that we need to speak it out loud.

The most powerful instrument God has given us is our mouth (Believing God, Beth Moore). It is however not enough to think the word of God or to read the word of God when facing opposition but it must be spoken out loud. And Ms. Moore gave scriptural evidence to back it up. (Just contact me if you would like more information or get a copy of her book.)

I must confess that I am quite convicted when it comes to the use of my mouth. I am generally a quiet person, so that keeps me out of some trouble. But, the more comfortable I get in my own skin, the more trouble my mouth takes me, and I do after all, blog, so my words are here in public for all to read if they desire. Even recently, my Falling for Jesus post, in which every word was carefully thought out, got me into some trouble. And I attempt to get permission for the things that I think are questionable. I am tender hearted and cannot stand to inflict pain or have my character questioned. I am honoring the sweetest of all - my Jesus. So when I realized the potential hurt, I was myself aching! Please let me know if ever I hurt you. James 3:2 says, "We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check." In other words, less eloquent, everyone's mouth is out of control and needs some taming. Mine is no exception.

I know the people in my life that tempt me in this area, but I have not mastered being a light and turning it around. What are some ways your mouth or tongue gets you in trouble? How do you struggle to keep it under control? Is it also a profound thought to you that you must SPEAK the word of God to use it as a weapon or "sword of the Spirit"?

Learning more thoughout the week of homework...

1 comment:

  1. Just stopping over from "fallling for jesus" and wanted to invite to to my Single Mom blog as well. http"//blessingsandstrugglesofsinglemoms.blogspot.com
    I thought I would follow your blog too. Many blessings, Robin

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin