Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Carving our Pumpkin


So tonight we carved our pumpkin - a bit later than usual this year, but we have had a lot going on which has prevented us from doing it earlier. This is how it goes down. Daddy carves the pumpkin. I design faces for the pumpkin. Then we vote on the best one as a family. Then I draw it on the pumpkin, and daddy carves the rest of it. Daddy also had fun gutting him and showing it to the kids this year. We also nibbled on some yummy popcorn treats courtesy of a Giada de Laurentiis recipe from the food network, which I modified. Pea played with the votives while daddy carved, and daddy attempted to teach Princess how to carve parts of the pumpkin. (He's a lot crazier than I thought - just kidding, my sweet husband!) Then we put a votive in, lit it up, and looked at how great it looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin