Monday, September 15, 2008

Our Saturday

was GREAT! I was so proud of my kids. I will post pictures when I get the camera battery recharged, but we had a nice day on Saturday. I got up early, especially for a Sat. morning to contribute clothes to the largest consignment sale here in Birmingham, Kid's Market and Mom. If you contribute you get to shop early, and how early you get to shop depends on how early you manage to contribute your items. There are actually some moms who spend the night in the parking lot so that they will be one of the first 200 contributors, because they get the best shopping time, with the maximum selection. I, and my friends, Jill, Abbe, and Tara, managed to be in the first 400, even though we strangled in from 6:15 am to 7:00 am and did not get our stuff in the door until after 9 am. It is actually a very complicated, crazy process. We've never been one of the early birds before, but we seem to get earlier and earlier. Next time, we'll probably spend the night. Just kidding, of course!

Anyhow, I made a quick trip to a store where sales where occurring and then brought lunch home for the family - fried chicken from Publix. I think Publix has the best fried chicken that you can buy if you don't make it yourself. Then we all went outside for one of the last kiddie pool swim sessions of the year. It was tons of fun. Then, there was nap time, and after naptime, we decided to go to Chick-Fil-A, which meant we did not have the most nutritious day with 2 fried chicken meals, but that's just an aside.

Princess got to play in the play area at Chick-Fil-A, and I was SO proud of her. She was so sweet and kind and outgoing with the other children. She is always complimentary of the other children, so the first thing she did was tell both of the other girls that she liked their respective shirts. And she really meant it. And even though, one girl was afraid, she was just and gentle and sweet as she could be and tried to coax her, help her, guide her. I was so proud. It is moments like these that give me hope, because it is really rough being the tough guy all of the time. I'll post pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin