Monday, September 22, 2008

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

Sometimes, I do not like myself - the person God created me to be, and that's really shameful when you think about how intricately and special God designed each one of us to be. Let me back up to say that today was a bit of a weepy day for me, and I was again struggling to believe God. :) I went for an hour walk this morning - very nice beautiful day, but my thoughts got to wondering out of hand about things I struggle with and desires I have - things I hope to see God do in my family.

To finish up my bible study for today, I had one and a half homework days to do. It turns out that they were designed specifically for this day I had.

I wanted to share a couple of important things I learned:

Psalm 51:10 says, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." This has always been a favorite of mine. But today I learned that "create" in the original language meant to create from nothing, which is quite comforting to know that I don't have diddly squat to do with creating cleanliness in me - God does all of it, and He will do it anytime I pray this prayer. How utterly awesome!

Again more favorite verses: Psalm 139 - these are some of my most beloved verses in the bible. Verse 16 reminds me of my dream because it says, "your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." God knows all of our days, and He has known us before anybody else did. And from verses 1-6, He knows and watches every thing I do and every thought I have. There are many days that I struggle with believing that I am truly valuable, but God says that I am so valuable He knows every intimate thing about me. And I don't know about you, but that is something truly wonderful to me because I long to be known and with Him, I am! He gets me when even I do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin