Friday, September 19, 2008

Fast Food Copycats

Have you ever noticed how fast food restaurants copy each other and nothing is original anymore? Like McDonald's started the chicken snack wrap, and if you'll notice almost all other fast food restaurants had to follow suite. And then there is Chick-Fil-A, they generally do not copy anybody else (at times they do), but they have a unique "Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich." Sound familiar - of course, McDonald's had to in turn copy Chick-Fil-A's idea so that they would have something marketable and competitive against Chick-Fil-A. The only uncopied fast food out there seems to be the roast beef sandwich from Arby's. At least here in Birmingham, I have noticed no such copy. Even the pizza chains copy one another. Now Dominoes is offering pasta dishes after Pizza Hut started it.

This is an imitation of my own struggles as a mom. I want my kids to have the same kind of toys, clothes, and opportunities as all the other kids have. I am learning to give this over to the Father so that I can truly prioritize all that is important for my kids. Eternity is what is important, not clothing that can be easily burned in the fire. However, it is so easy to be swayed by the here and now, and not be mindful of eternity.

I don't want to be a fast food copycat - I want to be uniquely Jamie with a unique Princess, Pea, and Daniel! Father, help me to be the me that you've created me to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin