Sunday, August 17, 2008

Finally, a new post...

So I haven't posted in a week, and I decided to go with a new layout. How do you like it?

We have had a busy week this week. And some fun in the midst of it. The family played at the park one night, where we ran into one of A's friends. And then on Thursday, we traveled to Walker County to see granny. That was a long tiring day, with tired kiddos. It is not easy traveling with the kids, but we try. Friday, we went to playgroup at McDonald's and that was unexpectedly fun, though I didn't really have much opportunity to talk with many other moms since I was chasing E the whole time. Friday night, we kept kids for the Parent's Night Out our church is hosting as a fundraiser, and then Saturday, it was back to Walker County to visit with granny again. She has pneumonia now, but at least both times we saw her, she was smiling, which is a great improvement.

Today, we taught A's LC class at church, and our LC class does not meet on the 3rd Sunday, so we were only at church for an hour. How fast it went by! The kids were a lot of fun and so was teaching the story.

On the way home, A was talking, mentioning all of us in the car when she said, "Jesus." Then I asked her if Jesus was with us or something like that, when she said, "Jesus is our God. We just talk about him" The gist of it was that she understood that he was not someone physically with us, but that he was God. I explained to her that he was with us, and I know that is a hard concept to understand for a little one, but I am amazed at how much she already does understand about God and Jesus. She amazes me. God amazes me. How wonderful we are made and created and even formed to understand Him. No wonder it is easier for a young one to understand than for someone older.

1 comment:

  1. I do like your new layout; it's pretty. Hoping all is well with you and yours. Happy Wednesday!
    Warm greetings from our family to yours :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin