Friday, February 27, 2009

Give Me Your Eyes

I was posting a comment on Shirley's blog, which made me want to share this song on here. This is Brandon Heath's, "Give Me Your Eyes." Enjoy!



Lyrics:
Look down from a broken sky
Traced out by the city lights
My world from a mile high
Best seat in the house tonight
Touch down on the cold black top
Hold on for the sudden stop
Breathe in the familiar shock
Of confusion and chaos
All those people going somewhere
Why have I never cared
Chorus:
Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken-hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see
Step out on a busy street
See a girl and our eyes meet
Does her best to smile at me
To hide what's underneath
There's a man just to her right
Black suit and a bright red tie
Too ashamed to tell his wife
He's out of work, he's buying time
All those people going somewhere
Why have I never cared
Chorus
I've been here a million times
A couple of million eyes
Just move and pass me by
I swear I never thought that I was wrong
Well, I want a second glance
So give me a second chance
To see the way You've seen the people all along
Chorus (x2)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I don't think I really listened to the words beside the chorus - good stuff. Have you heard of "Then Sings My Soul Saturday"? This post is perfect for it. It's at http://signsmiraclesandwonders.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song and it is oh so true! Have a blessed Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to TSMSS! I love this song. I have it on my playlist!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song!

    Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin