Saturday, February 14, 2009

Being a Light

Since our power was off on Wednesday, we've had candles all over the house. I noticed that even one candle who displays his glorious light in the darkness creates a lot of light to see by - that a lot can be accomplished by this one light even or especially if that is all the light there is. It reminded me of these verses in Matthew 5: 14-16, "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." For this reason, I will continue to pour myself out to you in this blog including my spiritual musings and frustrations. I hope that my life is an example and encouragement to someone who reads and that my Jesus within me might be a bright light shining in the darkness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin