Thursday, February 5, 2009

Caffeine for the Soul

Well, since we were all under the weather on Tuesday, I did not go to bible study. Instead, I went tonight. Getting together with women or going to bible study in the evening is like caffeine for the soul, so now my husband is in bed, and I am still awake wishing he was too.

So, I have a couple of postscripts to add to Esther:
1. Just because I was advocating being yourself does not mean I advocate being yourself. I advocate being yourself within the context of God and His expectations for you.
2. Even though I said I would like to be the "it" girl, I would never actually want to be part of a harem. I can't imagine I would handle the pressure of a year's worth of beautification procedures and being around all those women for so long. I'm sure I would make some friends, but then again, how many hateful words would I have to hear? Not to mention that none of these girls were asked if they wanted to be queen. They were virgins who upon chosen had to one by one spend a night with the king. What do you suppose went on in there? You know! If one was not chosen to be queen, they were left with none of their virtuosity and might have been disposable, so to say that I would like to be "it" was not saying that I wanted to undergo any of this. I am glad that I got to choose my husband and that he chose me.

If you are up past bedtime, you can ramble, right?
I do not like to wait, but I know God has called me to wait. I don't think one ever truly stops waiting for something. So, as I wait, I place my trust in Him. Lord, help me to pray more and expect to see You more in the areas that I wait! The word of the Lord is my strength...

Since ancient times
no one has heard,
no ear has perceived,
no eye has seen any God besides you,
who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.
Isaiah 64:4
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31
For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it will certainly come and will not delay.
Habakkuk 2:3
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
Psalm 62:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin