Friday, January 15, 2010

Washing Feet

Yesterday, while the kids were watching Sesame Street, I wiped down the kitchen table. Wiping the kitchen table just happens to be one of those things that Mommy does better than Daddy, and when he is left in charge, he will wipe it down, call it clean, but it will still be dirty. But apart from that, neither one of us does it like we should immediately after we eat. And I don't know how it works in your family, but when you are generally taking care of things like this a LOT of the time, some of the extra details don't get taken care of like they should. So I really needed to wipe down the table legs and feet.

For some reason or another, as I was cleaning the really dirty table feet, I began to think how moms really put up with a lot for children. I guess I was thinking this because I'm not sure how table feet could get quite so dirty without having children in the house. Then it became a bit of a worship experience because I felt like I was really washing the feet of my husband and children by washing the table feet.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24

Of course, I thought about Jesus washing the disciples feet. As I wiped and rotated the table and wiped some more, I thought about how Jesus washes me and my feet on a regular basis making sure that all my sins are blotted away and that I am clean and always becoming more and more like Him.

Funny how God can be found in the midst of washing a table. I love you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin