Monday, January 12, 2009

Next

Well, Daniel is having a guy's night and the kids are in bed, so I thought I would try to catch you up on this blog and get back in the blogging groove.

After New Year's, on Jan 2, we went to Princess's friend, CE's house to play. It was a lot of fun. Kim probably decided two kids would be too many when she saw the chaos of the Princess and the Pea and the workings of going to the potty while also managing a busy boy. Princess has been going potty very well at home, but in public, she forgets if I don't prod and she tends to disobey too. At home, she's great. I was thinking that I am going to have to put a note on the church form - "Put in timeout if will not cooperate about going to the potty. Thank you." Anyhow, we loved our time at CE's house and seeing her new toys. Thanks for having us over, CE!

On Jan 5th, it was life as usual. Daniel went to work, and we were at home. It was actually quite calm and fun compared to the busyness of December. I didn't leave the house from Sunday to Wednesday, and on Wed, we decided to go to my mom's. That day, Pea sat in a booster seat at a restaurant for the first time, which means he was not strapped in. He did well.

He and Princess also spur of the moment got to stay with my mom for the night. Unfortunately, I had not packed any clothing for them, but it was a rare opportunity for me to have some time with my husband. This was Pea's very first time to stay with Nana with just Princess, and Nana's first time to keep both kids by herself, which she was a little afraid of doing because Pea is a handful. But it worked great, or so she says. I am glad because Pea is a lot more spoiled than Princess is in regards to staying with mommy and daddy. Unfortunately for Princess, we had her brother who took up some of our time with her so she got to spend nights with her grandparents earlier in her life. But overall, Princess and Pea are good for one another, and I would not trade how we had them. I am learning the dance that is having two kids and becoming better each day.

Daniel, who was supposed to go to a meeting at church, grabbed ahold of our rare treat and skipped the meeting so we could go to the movies - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I liked this movie and would recommend it to anyone, although it was a little sad at points throughtout the movie. I cried several times, and even Daniel told me later, that at one point, he had a tear running down his face, and he rarely, if ever, cries at movies. But, I didn't hear anyone but me crying in the less than crowded theatre.

On Thursday, I was supposed to go to the Mommy Connection at church. This was a tough decision, because I dearly wanted to spend time with my mommy friends, but it was a rare opportunity to be able to do whatever all by myself too, so I ended up running some errands that would have been impossible to do with the kids. Perhaps, it sounds like I do not love my kids, but that is untrue. I love them dearly, but they are always with me, so it is nice to breath and remember that I do indeed love them. I got the kids back at lunch.

The next day, we went to a funeral for Daniel's uncle, and Pea developed a funny cough, so I took him to the doctor that afternoon. He has had a minor cold for a couple of weeks. It turns at that this was a new cold. He still was yucky on Sunday, so we went to grandmaw and papaw's house instead of church to keep him away from other kids. Last night, Daniel and Princess went to life group as usual, while I stayed home with Pea. He did not sleep well and was very sad this morning. Probably against my better judgment, we went to my friend, Kari's house, for a mommy/kid playdate today, and Pea was fine while we were there, but he has been sad since we've gotten home. I am hoping a good night's rest will see him much improved in the morning, and I wish he would want to cuddle with me when he's well like he does when he's sick. Poor cuddly bear!

Maybe my next post will be something thoughtful instead of life updates, until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin