Monday, June 9, 2008

Quiet before Him

I am trying to revitalize my quiet time and I know that God is alive and active because He did not allow this webpage to work until I was finished reading His word. In this post, I was thinking about busyness and our world. My quiet time went along with that, so I thought I would share.

"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

"...so that crowds of people came to hear him and to be healed of their sicknesses. But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed." Luke 5:15-16

So much of our problems arise when we are not genuine with God or do not give moments of our lives to Him in prayer. God has the ability to speak in a loud voice, in a hurricane or earthquake or something of the sort, but many times, He speaks in a quiet whisper. How often do we fail to hear Him because we are too busy or too loud with our own lives? See 1 Kings 19:9-13 or 1 Samuel 3:1-10. God rightly deserves our time and our stillness. Without Him, we can do nothing on our own (John 15:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin