Friday, June 20, 2008

Hmm...blogging / walking

I am constantly thinking of blog topics. Right now, I have several, but I never have enough time to actually post all of them! :) I have no idea if anyone actually even reads these blogs other than my sister and my husband, and I am okay with that. They make me happy. :)


I have started walking on a regular basis. A few weeks ago I got a new pedometer, which I loved and was very excited about. It has already met its death, as it got placed in the washer. :( However, as I used it, I quickly learned that unless I go for a walk or go to the mall, which I'm rarely able to do with both children, I do simply do not get in enough steps in my day. The average is 5,000 steps a day, and I found myself to be below average, even playing with kids and doing housework. So now, as part of our routine, we walk in the mornings after breakfast, at least 3 days a week, or that's my goal anyhow, and then we try to go for a walk in the evenings after dinner as a family.


Wednesday we went to Veteran's Park and walked around the walking track and then went to the park. This was my first time to experience their walking track, and I loved it. If anybody is interested and wants to start walking on a regular basis with me, please let me know. I want to make it a weekly if not more often occurance.


E, though, does not care for strolling. Sadly, he has been on less outings than I took A on in the stroller. But as we've gone on more and more walks, he has started to settle down. A's favorite part of the walk is when we let her walk Gizmo the rest of the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin