Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gardening

This year I decided to test out what the bible says about pruning. I am not an avid gardener yet, so I am just learning as I go along. The past couple of years my husband has done most of the yardwork because I've either been "with child" or had a little baby to care for. This year, for some reason, it was more manageable to do some gardening. Anyhow, I decided to prune one of our butterfly bushes, and Daniel pruned the other one. I think they could both use a little fertilizer for next year, but here are the results.
Day Lily

Gerber Daisies (I love daisies)

Little bed by house - pink carnations, dianthas, & one whose name I am forgetting right now.

Gardenia - smells very delicious

A's flower bed - she & I actually planted this one together.

The butterfly bush Daniel pruned.



A flower from the butterfly bush I pruned.
The mailbox flowers: verbena, lavendar, and aster. Best plants we've put in that location yet.
One of our beautiful roses.


The butterfly bush I pruned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin