Thursday, December 23, 2010

Joys 56 - 75

56. Yesterday my son got up as my hubby was leaving for work, and I got up and went into the living room with him. He made a special effort to clean off a spot for me on the couch (toy and blanket free) and said "sit here with me mommy."

57. Princess had her school performance last Thursday. I literally started crying because she was SO good in it. Her voice was clear. Her motions to the songs were on time and big. She was smiling, happy, and confident. I've never seen anything like it. Any mother thinks of her kid as the star of the show, but Princess was so good, I think she really was the star of the show.

58. My mom found a pearl in her oyster dinner at Jefferson's. Though I didn't find it, it was fun to see a real pearl from a real oyster.

59. Baking cookies for the annual girls cookie swap with the women in our Life Connection class at church. I made them just for you, Shelley, so I hope you got the plate Jennifer fixed and enjoyed them. I tried a new recipe and thought it turned out well and was easier.

60. Going to the girl's cookie swap. Eating bad for you appetizers and hanging out with godly women. Fun conversations. Old friends. New cookies.

61. I got a new camera for Christmas. It was a really pricey item for us, but my husband let me get it anyhow at the spur of the moment. I've enjoyed playing with it.



62.  I completed my order for my pictures that my friend, Sarah Cook, took of us.  After I felt like I bugged her most of the day on Friday, I was grateful for her kindness to me.

63.  Chuy's is a fairly new restaurant at the Summit.  I've been once with my hubby (and Doodle Bug), once with my mom and sister, and once with my mom and Speed Racer and Doodle Bug.  I had been craving it (mainly the salsa), so we got to go together as a family for the first time on Friday at lunch.  Boy was it a lot of food.  Every waitress there treated Doodle Bug as if she was the most special baby they had ever seen.  I love that about babyhood.  I wish people loved kids as much as they love babies.  A waitress gave each of the children including Doodle Bug some tortilla dough (the tortillas are hand-made there), and I enjoyed watching them squish it between their fingers, especially Doodle Bug, who actually played with it and did not attempt to eat it until it was time to go.

64.  My older children went to spend the night at their grandparent's house.  They haven't spent the night away in 6 months or more.  Daniel and I literally did not know what to do with ourselves.  We didn't go out since we had already done so at lunch.

65.  So we went to breakfast instead.  It was peaceful with Doodle Bug.  Daniel took this picture of her.  I love it.


65.  Seeing my kids again after they'd been gone.  Princess had made Daniel and I each an "I love you" card.  I loved the excitement in which she gave them to each of us.

66.  Christmas musical at church.

67.  I have gotten spoiled having Daniel at home so much this month.  I was wishing he did not have to work on Monday, but we played in our playroom and had fun.  Although I listed playing in our playroom as one of my joys already, I played around with my new camera.  Here's some photos I took with it:




68.  A friend of mine got to be the daily guest on the (in)courage web site.  I was happy for her, and it inspired me to write something to submit.  Right now, it is an unwritten idea, and even if they don't choose me, and I am excited to pursue something I enjoy doing.

69.  One of the things I wanted to do over Christmas break was clean up and declutter.  I got to clean out my fridge and that made me happy.  Yes, I should do it every week before I go grocery shopping like Tara does, but I do not.


70.  We haven't been eating so healthy lately, so we made a family trip to the grocery store and got many fruits and veggies.  All 3 of the children got to ride in the buggy we chose (a race car attached to a regular buggy).  Usually I go by myself, but it was a fun trip with all 5 of us.

71.  Christmas cards and the Christmas card tree - yes, some of the faces are hidden, but I love the beauty that this little tree represents.

72.  My Princess has gotten her first permanent tooth.  She hasn't lost her first baby tooth yet though.  It is very loose.  The dentist says not to worry unless she doesn't loose it by the end of January.



73.  Although, it isn't time to bake it yet, I received the starter for some friendship bread from a long time friend.

74.  I've been reading "Boundaries" by Henry Cloud.  I take joy in knowing how God has protected me and guided me all along my journey despite the fact that there have been crazy things in my life.

75.  This morning Daniel brought me back a treat from McDonald's since I didn't get to take my sweet Princess to the dentist.  He seriously wanted to take one of his children to visit a doctor or dentist, so I let that joy be his this morning.  Here's what the bag said:


Instead of drinking coffee with magic beans for joy, it made think of the following verses:

"Taste and see that the Lord is good."  Psalm 34:8

"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them in their toil all the days of the life God has given them under the sun."  Ecclesiastes 8:15

"So whether you or eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."  1 Corinthians 10:31

I know that God is in every moment, and that's what I set out to do in this blog - prove His presence with me in everything, and there He was hidden on my McDonald's bag.  There is absolutely no greater delight than in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin