Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

I am thankful for God the Father, who created me in love and without Him I would be nothing.

I am thankful for Jesus, the everlasting Prince of Peace, love in human form. I stand in awe of a Love so deep, so wide, so long, so high, that God would humble Himself to become human, and then if that was not enough, give Himself up in death to show us all His love. I am humbled as I think of the image of Him as a helpless little baby that as Great as He is, He did that awesome thing.

I am thankful for the Holy Spirit, leading, guiding, and directing me - His gentle whispers into my heart.

I am thankful for my husband, for marriage, because it shows me just how selfish I am and keeps me hungering for the Great I AM, and because our partnership, when we even a tad bit live out the way were intended to live, is an image of Him. How utterly awesome and incredible that He uses us to do anything.

I am thankful for Princess, because she tests everything I know about parenting, which is not often much, and again, I come before the throne room.

I am thankful for Pea, because he keeps me moving, and along with Hubby and Princess, shakes things up and makes life interesting.

I am thankful for my brother in law, Robby, because he has been saved from certain death, and I cannot wait to see how he responds to God and is used by Him.

I am thankful that God hears and answers - that Granny is at home with Him this year.

I am thankful that God heals as I know He is working all things for His glory in my sister's life though she cannot see it yet.

I am thankful for the body of Christ - that I am encouraged to grow in Christlikeness by my other brothers and sisters in the faith, for growing friendships and food and fellowship that we share.

I am thankful that I have a place to call home and clothes to keep me warm and that I can bless others in a similar fashion.

I am thankful and incredulous that God calls each one of us to share His truth with those who do not yet know Him.

I am thankful for those that go to foreign lands to share this truth. I am thankful for those of us who stay where God has planted us to share this truth too. I am thankful that truth is not relative.

I am thankful for so much more because I have been given so much more. My prayer is that my heart swells with gratitude and that others are able to see Him in me and not me in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin