Saturday, November 22, 2008

Blogging Break?!

You may be wondering why I haven't blogged in a while - after all, it has been almost 2 weeks, and it is a little odd since I was blogging almost everyday. Well, one reason is that our computer is experiencing slowness, and we have yet to really diagnose the problem. Another reason would be blogger's block. I mean I've had things to tell you about but often times I couldn't figure out what or how to say them. Sometimes all I had to do was post some pictures, but I still didn't do it.

What have I been doing with all the extra time? Well, I have been in super home organization mode. I've been doing Christmas errands - I only need a couple of items now. I didn't use nap time to blog, but to work, and in the evenings, I was too tired to sit down at the computer and blog. Despite the fact that I haven't been writing about my thoughts, I've been using this time to think - a whole lot. In one of my last posts, I talked about how I was not being intentional with my time at the race track. This seems to be the case across the board of my life. I've just been floating along - which is a little rare for me, but I've let the kids become my excuse for just floating. At times, I have attempted to use my time to catch up with friends, which I realized that I had been neglecting, which could explain why my friendships are at times lacking. My friend, Lindy, and my sister, Jenn, would be glad to tell you that my weakness is definitely keeping in touch. At times, I will go into super friend mode and keep up with everyone for a while, and then I feel like I am doing all of the work, and I stop doing anything all together.

Have you ever read the "Parable of the Talents?" Do you remember what it says? You can read it here in Matthew 25:14-28. To sum it up, a servant master entrusted some of his property to three of his servants. Two of the servants invest their "talents", and one of them hides his "talent." The two that invest make more talents and are called "good and faithful servants." Verses 24 and 25 say, "Then the man who had received the one talent came. 'Master,' he said, 'I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you." Well, I am this servant. I am not purposefully hiding the talent God is giving me, nor am I afraid to use my talent, but I have been lazy with it, which may be a far sadder statement.

So what do I intend to do? My life motto is love God, love people, so I intend to do that which will act out my motto.
  • finding ways to have dates with my husband
  • continue spending quality time with my children
  • pray faithfully for friends, family, and those who need a relationship with our blessed Savior
  • call or email friends
  • make cookies for my neighbors during the holiday season or do a cookie swap and then follow up with new relationships
  • reconnect with a new neighbor friend
  • use the time I've saved by shopping early to be intentional with my conversations with family members and friends
  • doing my house chores as one working for the Lord

I list these things here, so you, my readers - those of you that are part of the body of Christ, can hold me accountable, so that I will be faithful, and I can eventually be called "a good and faithful servant."

I just love the way that the Holy Spirit works in my life and how He will not be quiet until I act in the way He desires. Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness to me despite my faithlessness to You and Your body.

What are some things that you believe God wants you to be intentional with or about?


1 comment:

  1. "What are some things that you believe God wants you to be intentional with or about?"

    This is a poignant question. I found it especially personal since you discussed the parable of the talents, as I had felt convicted by hearing that also referenced in a sermon just yesterday.

    In a general way, that's what I need to be intentional about - finding where/how God is calling me to use my talents.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin