Monday, January 31, 2011

A Mother's Rest

Overwhelmed.

Tired.

Weary.

The road is long and lonely.

The children wake up before her, before the tiredness hits her that although she rested, her body still needs rest.  And yet she cannot stop to rest just now.

Goals.

A mother's life is a neverending cycle of redoing things undone.  How then does she ever achieve something new?

Her arms are tired and bulky from carrying it all.

Dreams.

She wonders if that's all they can be, dreams that flit away and never come to pass.

She needs a superhero power to see them become.

If she stops to think of it all, the tears flow like raindrops on a stormy day, so she does not.

Instead, she "sings a new song to Him who sits on Heaven's mercy seat."

She feels Him strengthen her arms for carrying the loads, yet her load looks smaller, more achievable. 

She's feels the fullness of her heart, and thanks Him for His peace that surpasses understanding.

Rest.

Hope.

Patience.

Able together to achieve.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!!! :) I feel like this today, but I needed the reminder to lift my eyes to the strength-Giver and praise Him for this new day.

    Blessings to you!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that it blessed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats beautiful! Or as I would refer to it "wonderfully" :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin