Friday, July 2, 2010

Doodlebug is Huge


Doodlebug went in for her two month checkup on Wednesday of this week, which means she had her first set of shots.  She is 2 1/2 months old already, and she weighed in at 12 lbs 13 oz and was 24 inches long.  I knew she was big, but I did not know just how big!  This puts her between 75th and 90th percentile for length and weight!  Now, I have never had a big baby.  At Princess's 2 month appointment, she only weighed 9 lbs 7 oz, and was between 5th and 10th percentile.  She stayed at 25th percent the rest of her babyhood and at her last checkup was up to average on weight.  When Speed Racer went for his 2 month appointment, he was still in the 50th percentile, but quickly fell between 5th and 10th by his 4 month checkup and has stayed around 10th.  I wonder what little Miss Doodlebug is going to do.  I've never had a big baby before!  It is kinda sad and exciting all at once, because she is growing faster than I want her to, but she is very healthy, and I am happy about that.  Like Speed Racer was as a baby, she is very mild mannered and generally cries when hungry or sleepy and that's all.  She is a blessing, and I can hardly remember life without her.  She is a talker - when talked to, she coos and coos.  She is already laughing.  I told the doctor that, and I could tell she was skeptical, and then Dr. D heard her.  Dr. D was so excited and surprised.  Doodle generally sleeps most of the night.  I can handle getting up between 4am and 5am, and she usually feeds 6 or 7 times a day (nursed).  We try to do cloth diapers when we are at home.  Modern cloth diapers are expensive to begin with, but it is nice because I haven't had to buy any disposables yet (though that is quickly coming to an end), and the cloth ones we have are supposed to be usable until she is potty trained!  It is actually kinda fun to put her in cloth diapers - they are cute.  Besides that, it is no different and at least easier than cleaning up potty trained poop accidents in underwear which is unfortunately more common than I would like! 

We have already traveled with Doodle.  She has been to Destin to the beach with the whole family and to New Orleans with mommy and daddy.  She is a great traveler too.  So that's the update on Doodle.  Now we have two little princesses in our home.  Both Princess and Speed Racer think she's the best and love and dote on her when they can, though the newness of her is starting to wear off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin