Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Repetition & Beautiful Things

Remember how I said that when something is important, God repeats it over and over.  Remember when I said that the compost pile is rotten decayed stuff that is used again to make something beautiful?  Well, this morning, He reminded me of a great song that talks about making beautiful things out of the dust.



And when I picked up my bible study I just started, it was about those verses in Genesis 3 again where man and woman falls into sin.  Why did Eve sin?  Because the serpent placed doubt into her mind about who God was, about whether He was telling the truth.  Isn't that always the way it begins?  We fall hard, sometimes from extreme heights, because the enemy made us believe that God is not who He really is.  And I don't know about you but I've believed the lie that "you can't teach an old dog new tricks."  It may be true of dogs, but friends, it is never too late to start again.  You cannot fix yourself, but God can and He will.  Won't you let Him?

***********************************************
Lyrics to "Beautiful Things"
All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make me new, You are making me new

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin