Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We are the Pirates...

who don't do anything - we just stay home and lie around. If you ask us to do anything, we'll just tell you, we don't do anything!

I got to take A to her very first movie in the big movie theatre today. The Rave hosted free family movies this summer, and all summer I was ready to take A to see one of two that I thought would be suitable for her. The only problem was not having anyone to watch E. (I really need to find a sitter!) But my very wonderful husband came home from work to watch him for a few hours so we could go! Thank you, sweetie!

I had to give her the full affect, so I bought her popcorn and some lemonade. She ate it all and rarely took her eyes off the larger than life screen. However, she didn't seem all that excited, until much later when we had been home for a while, when she began talking about going to the popcorn store and driving me in the "ban" to see a "mubie" called the "Pirates who don't do in-y-ting." I guess she did talk about going to see another "mubie" another day sometime when we were leaving.
The movie was actually pretty good, and even though it was not blatantly Christian themed, it did have some Christian undertones in the end. You don't have to be good looking or rich or eloquent or perfect to be a hero, all you have to do is listen to the King's voice, and He will take you on His adventure and show you who you can be when you are on a journey with Him. He makes the provisions and all you have to do is choose to be obedient. Good little takeaway message for me personally - to know that I am on adventure with Him - that I don't have to be what I think everyone is expecting me to be, only what God created me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin