Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Press On


Because I have not been posting regularly prior to this 31 day challenge, there is a good chance that not many are reading my blog or pressing the play button on my vlogs. But that is okay. I speak, I write, for the One who calls me and urges me to write and speak words that would please Him.  I fret, I worry, I wonder, I hope that what God says to me in the depths of my heart is true.  He has spoken before, and still I wait to see if what I believe He has said will come to pass.  So instead of acting on the fret and worry, I dismiss it.  I act on hope and continue to write and to speak.

There are over 700 blogs participating in the 31 day challenge.  A few of the blogs that I am reading are:
I list these because Emily has a way of inspiring you to keep on keeping on doing the thing God is calling you to do, and that's how we change the world.  Earlier this week I read on her blog a quote from Mary DeMuth's new book, "11 Secrets of Getting Published," which says this:

"Did you know that George Clooney appeared in The Golden Girls’ episode, “To Catch a Neighbor” in 1987? He was one of the two police officers who stayed in the women’s home as protection. And now what’s he up to? Anything he wants. But George had to work. He had to pretend he was a young police man on The Golden Girls. He paid his dues."

The idea of pressing on toward the goal I believe God has me on helps me persevere.  I'm not saying that I will be George Clooney one day, but that God will achieve his purposes in me as I do what often feels a lofty goal, being transformed from novice to learned.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 3:12-14

So I write, I vlog, as one working for a goal, but I also blog as a way to rest.  Stop by the blogs listed above; you will be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin