Thursday, December 31, 2009

Stones of Remembrance 2009

As we end 2009 and begin 2010, I thought it would be a good idea to remember what God has done this year in me and in my family.  If I don’t remember, I will be as fickle as an Israelite and will begin to grumble and complain.  I too need stones of remembrance (see Joshua 4:1-9), so that is what this list is:  Stones of Remembrance for 2009.

  1. I got to do the Beth Moore Esther study and learned so much about God’s perfect plan for each of us, His providence, and His perfect timing.
  2. I learned that as a child of God, I am His royalty – a princess.
  3. God reiterated over and over that He alone is the one who meets our needs and He enjoys and wants to do it.
  4. Speed Racer went to the dentist for the first time and did great.
  5. Daniel and I celebrated the fact that we have been married for 5 years and survived thus far.
  6. Speed Racer moved from a crib to a toddler bed.
  7. Every day more and more, God became the friend that I needed.  He was my provision in my loneliness:   He was the mother I wanted and the best friend I wanted and the mentor I wanted.  He met my needs not physically, but with Himself.
  8. The kids enjoyed dancing and singing and learning to praise.
  9. Daniel and I experienced more time together, and the kids visited their grandparents more.
  10. Princess became an artist, learning to draw more and more things.
  11. We got new hardwood floors in the living and dining room areas.
  12. Princess learned to swim.
  13. I learned how to lean more on God through bible memorization, although I slacked off during the last part of the year.
  14. I began to finally see a breakthrough in Princess’s behavior.  We learned some physical ailments and saw a remarkable change in her.
  15. We took both of our children to Vail, AZ, and survived the plane rides and trips, and saw God work in miraculous ways in getting me there and in using us while we were there.
  16. Speed Racer turned 2!
  17. I facilitated a women’s bible study over the summer, and then again in the fall.  I was blessed to be able to form deeper relationships through both of those studies and see God at work in others lives and in my own.
  18. God worked in my hard heart about some bitterness I had for an old friend.
  19. Princess started preschool.
  20. Princess finally completed her potty training for good, with the exception of night training, which she is not physically able to do yet (and this is perfectly normal via our pediatrician.)
  21. We are expecting our 3rd child and have seen God’s hand at work in our baby already.
  22. I began talking regularly to an accountability partner and friend, which helped fill the void I have for friendships.  We continue to pray for several things over and over again, but we’ve seen God answer prayers and meet needs through the things we’ve prayed over. 
  23. I became more involved with the ladies at church and although, I still crave more intimate friendship, that too filled some of the friendship void.
  24. Princess turned 4!
  25. I cried and I prayed and I struggled, but God heard.  God helped me to see how RICH we are – in material and in emotion and in spirit.  He has shown up every time I’ve had an emotional need or a spiritual need or even a physical need.
  26. My sister graduated from nursing school!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin