Sunday, March 28, 2010

How Marvelous

This has been a long week. I am sick, though really only slightly sick compared to almost everyone else I know. My mom is sick and has been to the doctor for the second time, and she's still not better after shots and medicines galore. My hubby has been sick, but is thankfully now on the up and up. Princess was only slightly sick a couple of weeks ago and has a little lingering cough every now and then.

Speed Racer has an ear infection and is on an antibiotic that has messed up his stomach and has given us fits with diaper changing time. He actually goes to the potty most of the time, but with all the sudden needs to go, we put him back in diapers for a while. He cries in pain every time because he is so sore. And he has had a continuous cough. On Thursday I was so worried about him - his cough sounded bad and there was nothing to do for it. The medicine was not working and he sounded slightly croupy. I called the nurse and she said to give honey for the cough. Now little ones cannot take anything more than honey or Delsym so we just had to listen to him suffer. The nurse reminded us of a few other things to do for him like running the humidifier at night, standing him in the cold night air, and standing him in a hot moist shower. We got his room as moist as we could before bedtime by running the humidifier and for the first time all week, we all slept all night long without being up for a few hours listening to him suffer and cough. The honey, by the way, said to be proven to work better than Delsym now, only succeeded in choking him. That same day, probably due to the stress, I was having regular contractions and thought I might be having a baby that day or the next one. As we slept though, they disappeared and all was well, I suppose.

Yesterday, was a beautiful sunshiney day, and we all got out in the weather and went to Dawson Baptist church's Easter festival. The fresh air helped Speed Racer's cough, and finally for the first time in a week or more, he ate a substantial amount of food.

Despite all these things and waiting on a new baby to come into our family and knowing that these are not ideal conditions for bringing a baby home to, I woke up with a song in my heart, and I thought I would share:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin