Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Own Toddler Fit

Yesterday, I had my own toddler fit. I wanted to go out for breakfast. The kids however had other plans, which included eating cereal for breakfast. My favorite. (in case you didn't know that was written with loads of sarcasm). Getting me to eat cereal is like getting me to eat dirt or something similar. Lately, I have been eating it. But I didn't get "my way," nor did I feel like making the kids do it my way. Instead, I just felt like making everyone miserable. I mean, I was miserable, so surely my 4 year old and 2 year old should be miserable too. *sigh* Yes, I would not have won the mother of the year award, but I did not care.

So my toddler fit did not include throwing myself on the floor and flailing my arms and legs around. Instead, it included angrily putting dishes away and whining, "wah, wah, wah, poor, poor mommy, she didn't get to eat breakfast" only in different words that I don't really remember. So yeah, I was on a breakfast strike, meaning I refused to eat anything we had in the house. (And I wonder where my children get their stubbornness from). Everybody was unhappy, and words where even said like, "I thought this was going to be a good day. This is the worst morning ever!" And they were not only said by me. Yikes!

At some point, I decided to attempt to turn this day around and make things right by my children. I looked in my trusty coupon book and found a coupon for Pump It Up, which we had never done, so I decided to take the kids there, and off we went.

On the way, I thought I'll get a drink at Dunkin Donuts and maybe a bagel or muffin or something small, because I'm 33 weeks pregnant, it's 10 am, and I haven't drunk or eaten anything yet. I went through the drive-thru, and they were out of tea! I said, "Great! This is a great day! No tea!" as we drove away. (which by the way, this was the second time I attempted to order something from Dunkin Donuts that they happened to be out of - not impressed) Princess said, "You can get over it, mommy!" Yes, sweetie I can. Out of the mouths of babes, right? The rest of the day was as good as gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin