Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Praying for their Footsteps

Lord,
Thank you for my sweet children! I choose to remain simple and pray the children's memory verses over them: Lord, I ask that you would continue to show them that "God's way is perfect" (Psalm 18:30). I pray also that they would "obey [their] parents in the Lord for this is right" (Ephesians 6:1). I pray that they would know that they "can do all things through Christ" (Philippians 4:13).

You are awesome and Holy, and I thank You for being You, and for loving each us so abundantly. You are amazing!
Amen.

I so desire to instill in the children God's word. John Piper said on his facebook page today, "The most influential people in the world are those who pray big in Jesus' name. The second most influential are mothers." And while I believe mothers to be very influential, I am a sinner. What I say and do is not always the greatest example for my children. I hope that those things are burned away and do not carry an influence to them. Not only that, but my example may not resonate in my children in the end, but what will be able to stand the test of time is God's Word. It is absolute truth. It is alive and active, a double edged sword. It is authority. It is able to guide the conscience like nothing else can. It is God's very word. Who is all powerful? Who sees all? Who knows all? The Lord our God. And His Words, though written by men, are as powerful as He his. I am nothing, but He is everything in influencing my children. But yes, may I always learn to pray big in his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin