Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Filling in the Gap

I'll try to make the update between the time I last blogged and today short, but it has been 2 weeks and we've been especially busy, so we'll see how that goes...

Dec. 3rd - we were scheduled to get a new water heater, but it came to us too dented to install. I made cupcakes for Princess's party - strawberry from scratch

4th - we got a new water heater installed. had some interesting conversations with the plumbers and Daniel was amazed with the details I got from them. I made the frosting and decorated the cupcakes.

5th - Princess's birthday party - we had it at Chick-Fil-A this year, and it was so much fun. I hope all the guests had as much fun as we did. Mom spent the night with us.

6th - Princess is 2 days older than my friend DeLanne's twins, so we went to their birthday party at Head Over Heels Gym - a gymnastics party. It was so much fun that Princess did not want to leave. Then she and I went toy shopping for the special needs child that we adopted for Christmas this year.

7th - We kept the kids at church and had our final small group meeting of the year. I love my life group. Small groups ROCK!

8th - We ran errands most of the day including going to the grocery store - publix of course, and that evening we put together a gingerbread house. Daniel went to church for basketball practice that night.

9th - I awoke to find Princess eating the gingerbread icing! We went for a walk in our neighborhood - the first time since the crime incident and met one of our neighbors. We talked to him for 20 minutes or so and were delighted. Again, my husband could not believe the details, but the neighbor really was an open book. :) Daniel had a basketball game that evening.

10th - We went to see Dr. Darby for the 3 year old and 15 month old (even though he's 17 months) checkup. Princess is 31 lbs and 38 inches, and Pea is 22 lbs and 32 1/4 inches. She has jumped from 40th to 50th percentile in weight and has gone from 90th to 75th percentile in height. He has jumped from 5th to 10th percentile in weight and is currently 75th percentile in height (he fluxes between 50th and 75th). This means Princess is starting to be average sized and Pea is still small. :) Later that night, I met some girls from Life Connection for dinner, and then we shopped for the christmas children our class adopted.

11th - The busy day!! I got up and baked Christmas cookies not from scratch that looked awful, but hopefully tasted yummy. We went to the Mommy Connection at church, and the kids stayed in childcare while myself and some other mommies frosted goodies and then delivered them to the Ronald McDonald House downtown, which was fun and insightful, though we did not interact with any parents or children that day. Later that evening, all 4 of us Harpers went back to church to make Christmas ornaments for residents of a local assisted living facility. Princess enjoyed making all of the crafts since I am a slacker in the crafting area. We left Daddy at church to play yet another basketball game while we went home to bed.

12th - I was hoping for a pajama day, in which we do not have to leave the house, but Daniel called the plumbers back out because we were having more water heater problems. It turns out that the pressure relief valve coming into the house had stopped working and needed replacing - all in all we paid over $1000 due to the plumbing situation, and I had to put on something other than pj's. Daniel took off 1/2 day. Yay! I took Princess to Wal-Mart for baking supplies. Finally finished addressing most of the Christmas cards and placed them in the mail. Did everyone get theirs?

13th - BUSIEST day! I met my friend April for breakfast. Then I went home got the rest of the family, and we went to the assisted living facility to deliver treats and ornaments along with church friends. Then we ate lunch with the Waters family. Then we came home for nap time. Daniel gave me some time to myself, and I went to the mall - can you believe it? The first time I've been in the crazy madness. Then I came home, had dinner with my family, and began baking the Christmas cookies for the neighbors (pinwheels, christmas wreaths, and christmas trees). Thought I had lost my camera and Daniel searched frantically for it while I continued baking.

14th - went to church and then went to my in-laws house and spent the majority of the day there. Princess fell off of the couch at Grandmaw and Papaw's house and injured her mouth, busted her lips and chin slightly. She was in a lot of pain that night.

15th - remembered where I last put my camera - Praise the Lord! Began finishing the last batches of Christmas cookies (Yuletide Linzer bars and Linzer sandwich cookies) and took Princess to see the dentist. She may loose a tooth. Please pray she does not lose her permanent tooth. We are keeping a watch. Finished the cookies and loaded them up for delivery.

16th - today! We went out to breakfast, went to the library since it had been too long, made a few last minute small Christmas purchases, and had a more relaxing normal day when we got home. Then after Daniel got home for work, we delivered the Christmas cookies. Daniel has a basketball game tonight.

So that's what we have been doing, instead of blogging I've been serving and baking... lol. May your days be merry and bright and may all your Christmases be white...

I'll post pics later as my computer is having trouble with that command right now. :)


3 comments:

  1. Wow Jamie, you have been busy! Hope Princess had a nice birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!!! Finally an UPDATE! So why was I not informed of Princess's injury when I talked with you yesterday...makes me sad and want to cry!!!! Is the tooth problem the result of the injury? Sadness...I will call you in the morning! I miss ya'll to the moon and back! Give Princess and Pea a big hug and kiss for me in the morning!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To add to your craziness, do you want to go to the Pelham library Thursday night? Santa will be there for pics, crafts, and snacks for FREE.
    I hope life calms down for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin