Monday, December 5, 2011

Taking Back Christmas: Awake

As most of you know, I've been writing the material for our church women's conference for some time now.  The theme of it is Awaken: A Heart to Heart with God.  I am very excited about it.  But as I've thought about awaken, wake up, awakening, and all of those synonyms, I've noticed something.  God's people are regularly being called to awaken.  There are numerous books written with a wake up call in the title or subtitle.  There are more songs than you would ever begin to imagine about waking up and awakening, and bringing the dead to life by waking up.  These things are not by coincidence, and it has really left me wondering what God is doing in His church today.  What happens to those of us who do not wake up?  And what are we being made ready for?

In regards to Christmas, I believe He is calling us to awaken to the truth of the Christmas message.  This is a Christmas song by Casting Crowns called, "While You Were Sleeping."  I get teary every time I hear it.




What if you are being written into the greatest story ever told - His Story? 

Will you awaken to be a wise man seeking Him or will you be like the rest of Bethlehem, unaware of a King in your midst? 

Will you awaken to His call to be a disciple or will you be a crucifier?

There is no reason to be unaware anymore, and yet, He is still calling us to wake up!  The time is coming when time will be no more.  Will you be ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin