I am not sure that we can be truly worshipful until we are truly thankful. When I find myself in combat over the Christmas holiday, it is because I am ungrateful in the direction I feel lead. And sometimes that is my own doing. So today I count my blessings.
I am thankful for:
- my husband, who I grow more and more in love with each day. I am grateful to God that He grows us and binds us together.
- my children. I am thankful for the noise and the life that they bring to our home.
- Princess. She has become quite a joy to me as she's gotten older. I am thankful that she is learning to read.
- Speed Racer. He is sensitive and loving, and I am thankful for his eyes that speak without speaking and for his bright smile.
- DoodleBug. My kids all look very similar, but Doodle reminds me of my dad, and I find peace in that. I am thankful for feeling confidant in motherhood with her, for her being the third and possibly final child.
- You - for reading my words and encouraging me by doing so.
- The freedom to celebrate the holidays in the way that would be pleasing to the Lord.
What are you thankful for today?