Thursday, November 24, 2011

Taking Back Christmas: Thanksgiving


I am not sure that we can be truly worshipful until we are truly thankful.  When I find myself in combat over the Christmas holiday, it is because I am ungrateful in the direction I feel lead.  And sometimes that is my own doing.  So today I count my blessings.

I am thankful for:
  1. my husband, who I grow more and more in love with each day.  I am grateful to God that He grows us and binds us together.
  2. my children.  I am thankful for the noise and the life that they bring to our home.
  3. Princess.  She has become quite a joy to me as she's gotten older.  I am thankful that she is learning to read.
  4. Speed Racer.  He is sensitive and loving, and I am thankful for his eyes that speak without speaking and for his bright smile.
  5. DoodleBug.  My kids all look very similar, but Doodle reminds me of my dad, and I find peace in that.  I am thankful for feeling confidant in motherhood with her, for her being the third and possibly final child.
  6. You - for reading my words and encouraging me by doing so.
  7. The freedom to celebrate the holidays in the way that would be pleasing to the Lord.
I will continue counting as the holiday season progresses.  Join me.

What are you thankful for today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin