Monday, August 24, 2009

Comfort Zone

Last Friday, I drove the kids to mom's house to visit with her and my grandparents. As I was driving, I really felt like I the "summer vacation" of my mind was over, and now would be the time to crank out some more blogs. I had a myriad of posts running through my mind as I drove.

When I first started blogging, the blog world was a safe place to be. I could write my heart out, and not too many people would be reading it. I certainly wanted to be read, but at the same time, if I wrote or said something crazy, I was not worried about too many people reading it. I had very little going on in my life in the way of relationships, so in a sense, I had nothing to lose. I sent the link to my friends, but I did not have many close friends, and the ones I did have were not interested in reading my heart cries on this blog. That was a little disappointing, but at the same time, I just kept writing away and trying to minister to someone else in a similar life circumstance - hoping without ever knowing that this blog reaches someone for Christ. I put my name in blog circles and waited and still not much happened. But somewhere along the way, people started reading.

I was thinking about how I feel somewhat of a celebrity for anyone to want to read my blog, and I know I don't have as many readers as a big time blog would. Being someone who prefers to be behind the scenes, this is a little funny to me - seeking to achieve blog readership yet wanting to be unknown - how can the two coexist right? And my church has started a blog, Valleydale Church blog, and it links to my blog, so suddenly I feel a little shy as you might go to church with me and know me, but I may not know you. *sigh* Regardless, I am just Jamie, a simple girl, who sees God in big ways in small things - one little reminder that God finds significances in things and people who seem sorta insignificant - like me and maybe like you. You are significant and important to God. You are loved by Him with the deepest love imaginable, and as I seek Him, I will continue to pour out my heart and step out of my comfort zone. So more blogs and thoughts to come soon.

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely looking forward to more blog posts! You inspire me so much Jamie, you have no idea. I want to be a good Christian woman and mother like you, so much... I am very thankful that you have been putting yourself out there and writing about your life. I look up to you in so many ways. It's so hard for me to imagine myself being the woman that you are, but it is encouraging to read your posts, and it makes me strive to do better. Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney,
    Thank you! I don't imagine myself to be someone to be admired. If there is anything good in me, it is simply God, but I am thankful to be an encouragement. It makes this life worth living hoping that God uses me somehow, and I bet that you are being more of an example than you imagine yourself to be. God is good, and He is faithful to us.
    In His Grace,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!

    It definitely is strange - the dichotomy of wanting readers, yet being shy and feeling vulnerable. I struggle with the same things. And I also really struggle with being as open now that I do have more readers - I'm constantly having to remind myself why I started blogging in the first place and try to get back on base!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your thoughts. I am blessed and encouraged by them. May God bless your day today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin